Tuesday, November 1, 2011

CASTEISM

 I am a Non Brahmin.  My caste name is Agamudaya Mudaliyar.  If u ask, about this caste, I ll not know how to explain.  I know the name, thats it.  We are allowed to eat Non veg food.  But I am a Vegeterian from Eightth Standard.  Got Inspired by the sentence "Why are u burying Dead Bodies in ur Stomach"
Cateism, I shall now tell u, how casteism had made some scratches in my heart. 
But now, there are no scratches, bcos I have learnt to respect their beliefs.

First, Go to their house, ask for a glass of water, U should not sip the glass, u should hold the glass little far from ur mouth and pour it in ur mouth.  After u keep the glass down, they will spill some water on it, and clean the place where u kept it.

Then, u talk with Brahmin friends, out of curiousity and excitement, u too talk like them.  Some times, u make fun of them for their language.  But, for me I literally copied the way, they spoke, bcos how they talked was really decent and nice for me.  So, I wud talk like a Brahmin, using their Jargon, like ukkum, kaarthale, then many words, I dont remember them now. 

Why?

 Bcos, I was just asked,

 enquired,

 questioned

 "Are u a Brahmin?" 

So many times,

 So many places,

So many persons,

 So many Situations,

  ARE u a Brahmin?

Neenga Nammalavala? 

Neenga Iyera or Iyengara?.

  I would be fair and tall.
  and my language, as theirs, 

so Everytime, I should tell them.  No, I am a Non Brahmin. 

They feel sad and bad that I am a Non Brahmin. 

and I wud also feel some what bad for that.  But, what can I do, Its by Birth, u cannot become a Brahmin by ur choice.  U need a Bharathiyar, to Initiate u  as a Brahmin.


oh! Neenga Nammalava nnu Nennachen, I wud feel inside, "Oh, now they dont like us, like they dont feel that we are one of them" 

I just decided that I should never talk like a Brahmin.  Started talking the language used at home and like other Non Brahmin friends wud talk.  Slowly the question stopped. 

Brahmins have so many functions, so many festivals, so many rituals, I like them.  But for us, no rules,  pray to god, pray to god, thats all.  I like Brahmins, and wud like to take birth in my next visit to this world as a Brahmin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment