Monday, November 28, 2011

Artists (Drawings & Paintists) I know

I am not a Connoissour in Paintings.  But, bcos of my reading Ananda Vikatan, Kumudam, Kalki and Amudhasurabhi I have slowly learnt to identify the strokes of the Painters.

Maniam Selvan is a typical South Indian Painter.  The lines he draw are so erect and sharp.  He gives a chiselled features to the Characters.  He never draws anything that is not respectable.  Its a sort of Divine semblance.  His father Maniam is a well known and renowned artist, whose paintings of God are there in many south Indian Pooja Rooms

Shyam, Aras, Silpi, Gopulu, Jeyaraj, Maruthi, Travotsky Marudhu - these are the ppl I know who draw sketches for the characters that are portrayed in the magazines I above mentioned.

Shyam is a person who draws only curvy ladies, His Men also have got curves.  U cannot stop admiring the beauty that is apparent in those curves.  His faces are also so beautiful. 

Aras, I think is a different person, with the colors he tries to show dimensions of the face but unfortunately the beauty that u get by avoiding the dimensions - that gets lost.  He is a nice artist but u wont fall in love with the figures that are being portrayed by his color paints.

Silpi is a Divine Artist.  I read that he goes to Temple, sits there for one hour or so, gets sinked in the  beauty, odour and  Grace of the God or Goddess and reproduces the image he saw there in the Sanctorium (Garba Graha)  I admire him and respect him a Lot.

Padma Vaasan, he is a favourite artist of Ramakrishna Mutt, Mylapore.  His Drawings are respectable and adorable.  He has got his own style.  Divine.

Jeyaraj is a sexy artist.  He will draw only thin and sensuous ladies,  they ll always look sexy.  His sketches will reveal the body of  ladies as such.  He can draw ladies wearing Negligees.  Sometimes, I myself feel shy to see those drawings.  But as u grow up, u tend to look up.  He cannot be borne solely responsbile, he has got to draw what the story teller and the magazine wants him to draw.  His men are also handsome.  I sometimes think shyam wud have been inspired by Jeyaraja sir.

Maaruthi is an excellent painter.  He draws so nicely.  The characters are always plumpy and round faced.  I can say by saying the outline and coloring, that it is Maruthi.

Gopulu sir is definitely a Legend.  There are certain similarites between Maarthi and Gopulu and there is a thin line differentiating their curves.

I am definitely not a connoisour but an identifier.  I love art.  U shd have photographic memory and a sense of color to draw pictures of what u see.  It is a form of Meditation.  It is an ART.  It makes u involve in the scene.  Refer John Keats Poem.

I thank God for giving me the sense of Admiration of Art. 

I have seen a female Artist Teacher in the Train in Chennai,  I saw her drawing the sketches of whatever she saw in the Railway station.  It is really a magic.  The lines and Curves, where to emboss, how to give 3 D effect.  I wud like to learn art from a Nice Teacher.  May be sometimes later.  I am used to draw faces and girls and flowers,  but not very nicely.  Somewat, OK pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anitha, Glad to know that you admire art. Keep trying..who knows, you may some day may make a master piece. All the best

    ReplyDelete