Monday, November 7, 2011

Living by Principles - Not an Easy Job

A Flashback.

5 years back, I am sitting in T G Suresh Sir, Income Tax Class,
Myself and my Neighbour start chatting to cut the time off till Sir Comes,  My Neighbour, a Male, I dont remember his name, was fat,

 He said " U know one thing, I dont lie"

Bang -  I answered "Even cows dont lie, whats the big matter in it."

 He stared at me.  And out of fear and Understanding " I said, Sorry yaar, But I just studied this line from Swami Vivekananda Book,  U shd live by principles, and that is not a Matter to be Boasted off",  thats why I said so.  He became silent.

Now,  I purchased some Silver Articles, the Shop Keepers who were Young boys asked me " Do u want Bill, Why pay VAT, U can go by Auto by avoiding the VAT" 

I felt really Bad, bcos - bcos of that thought only I had bought some Silver Articles without VAT,  I Felt like a Villain to myself.  I had chosen to be a Villain in that Situation.  But,  I have a Chance to correct myself, Here is my Chance, I said, "OH, Please Bill it with VAT,  and Now I felt relieved and Good"

    I thought to myself, -  " Remember myself telling whats great in not lieing, Here was the situation, where Being Truthful costs me Rs.152/- but What I really lose is Character.

  Swami Vivekananda says - " Character is built by thousands of Stumbles"  But the catch is Thousand.  Not more than that.  So, Better, Dont Stumble in any Situation.  But, when u Stumble, remember his quote and be resilient.  Stand up by your Principles.

 You Earn Your Self Respect.  Self Respect gives u Confidence.  Confidence gives u Good Responses to any type of Situation. 

My Teacher M P Vijaykumar uses this often - "Get ur Fundas Right"  -  Ya, The Funda in Life is Dont Be a Villain in any Situation.

  Strive to be a Hero and u ll find that u start feeling easy as Time Goes.  Ya, there will be situations where U might find urself as a Harry Potter surrounded by Evil Magicians, but the practice of being a Hero in the situations that were given to u in the past, will help u and will allow u to be a Hero. 

Goodness is Important.  Loyalty is Important.  Values are Important.  We Keep on facing Situations.  The Choice is in our Hands.  God Power is there for u, within u, always.

Source of Inspiration: Swami Vivekananda, The Master!

2 comments:

  1. U shd set similar standards in ur professional life. I wud b challenging but not difficult. u shd not waver like u did for travel bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, Travel Bills, are we not entitled for Travel bill reimbursement, I dont ask bcos I am privileged, but what abt others!

    ReplyDelete