Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Why Auditors shd be Independent?

I have Studied in CA Exam Auditing Paper that Auditors shd not be Financially Dependent on Client, that is they should not have borrowed any money from the Client.  They should not be Indebted to the Client. 

This is a Real Qualification to be an Auditor.  bcos once u get money u feel Infereior to the person who gave u the money, bcos u have to show him Gratification.

Real Life Situation!

6 years back -

Myself and My Junior, a young boy from Kumbakonam, went to Audit to a Pvt Ltd. Co.  Usually, I dont get reimbursement from the Client. bcos my Father told we are not paying any money to the Principal as Guru Dhakshina, Instead we are getting some learnings from them, So, I shall pay u the Conveyance Money for which u shall stand indebted to me. No need to ask Clients.  I shall give u the conveyance, whenever u want.  So, I had never raised any reimbursement from My clients and Principal. 

But this Junior, started pricking me to ask for reimbursement, as he is away from his Family.

  He said, Idont have money in hand, I shall produce the tickets. get me the Money.  So, For his Sake, I went and stood before the Finance Manager of the Client Company and asked for the Money.

  Having not asked for myself in all the years of my Articleship, I felt delicate but still in order to help this Kumbakonam boy, I had to ask. 

I got the money and suddenly I felt inferior to the Finance Manager, My body language changed, I folded my hands before him and stood before him as If I am indebted to him and I started asking persmission from him - like can i leave the office?  When I analysed the Situation, I cud clearly see the Logic behind the Rule that Auditor should not be Dependent on the Client.  It is so True.

1 comment: