Monday, October 10, 2011

My Childhood Ignorance

My mother would send me to Nadar Shop nearby Indian Airlines Colony, Meenambakkam, for getting cereals, vegetables etc.

She will tell go and get dal and come, and ll give me some twenty rupees. I wud run to the shop and tell Nadar, I want 1/4 kilo Dhall, Nadar, will ask me " What Dhall?", I ll blink, and tell again"Dhall" what dhall, "Moong Dhall, Urad Dhall, Masoor Dhall" I ll not know it, bcos my mother told me only "Dhall" I ll go running home back again, and ask her the name of the Dhall and ll go running to Nadar shop.

This happened for about 4 times in 2 weeks and I got angry with my Mother for not telling the name of the dhall in the first instance it self.  My father just teased me "u Fool" and I ll get angry and cry, I cannot call this as Innocence bcos I would be around  10 to 12 years old by that time.

Specification that was the lesson I learnt from that Incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment