Friday, October 14, 2011

Vasanas - The Smell Sense

Vaasana  - its Tamil as well as Sanskrit Word.

Mun Jenma Vaasanai, The smell of the previous birth,

Actually, when I went to Alpha Mind power class by Mrs. Vijayalakshmi pandhiayan, the lady Guruji told me, if u want peace, just imagine in ur mind, any place that u like very much, imagine that u r in the very same place, just imagine the smell associated to the place, for eg. if it is a temple, imagine the incense stick smell, the flowers smell, the camphor smell, like that. 

The Smell sense is not ordinary, it rekindles many things in u, thats why we have got Aroma Therapy, If  it is not working, do u think, we wud know this word.  Aroma arises and awakens the sleeping power in our soul. 

Some Ppl  say, " I can smell it from a distance, call it Intuition" Smell, the sense is so powerful.

In my child hood, when no friends were around me, and I had nothing in my mind to play, I still remember vividly, that I wud sit still and some kind of smell will come, and I ll not know from where it is coming, I wud think that, the smell is from the leaking petrol from my father's Bajaj Cub.  I like the smell of phenoel for a long time.  I loved Hospitals, that too particularly the phenoel smell and then I loved the smell of Burning Match Sticks.  I dont know why.  But like 6 months before my colleague buvana told her son who is doing I yr BE also likes the smell of burning Match Sticks. I felt some solace.

Smell, Fragrance, Aroma, Whiff, odour, scent or tang, ( I got these words from MS Word) call it any way u like, has got a relation with ur experiences. 

Man Vaasanai  - The smell of the Mud, the Sand of the river, the sands of the Ocean Bed, the
Smell of the Sand when it rains.

"Selai kattum pennukku oru Vaasam Undu, Kandadhu unda, Kandavargal Sonnadhu unda?"

The smell of the paint, the Smell of the books, the smell of the Kitchen.

There was a Thodar Kadhai, a story in Kumudam about a young girl called Urmila Named "Jakradhai, Vayadhu Padhinaaru". In that the Girl, covers herself with all the aromatic flowers and does a Meditation, i remember she is naked beneath the flowers, thats what the author of the story narrated, and Urmila meditates on the smell of the flowers to reach a solution to the problem in her hand and finds peace.

Annai - The Holy Mother of Pondicherry, likes Flowers very much and she says every flower has got a special character, may be depends on the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment